Auction Terms & Conditions - Continued
6. If for any reason beyond our control, including but not limited to, fire, theft, acts of God, or insurrection, we are prevented from delivering the property to the purchaser, then we will be liable only for the sum actually paid therefore by the purchaser and shall in no event include payment for consequential or incidental damages. Classic Arms accepts no liability for any losses of whatsoever nature caused by any legislative changes in regard to the possession, by individuals or bodies, of firearms or ammunition.
7. If a lot is offered subject to a reserve (this being the confidential minimum price required by the consignor) then Classic Arms reserves the right to open the bidding or to bid on the consignor’s behalf in order to protect such reserve. Classic Arms shall not bid on the consignor’s behalf above such reserve. IN NO EVENT MAY A CONSIGNOR BID ON ANY PROPERTY OFFERED FOR SALE BY SAID CONSIGNOR.
8. All lots are sold “Voetstoets”. ALL STATEMENTS CONTAINED IN THE CATALOG OR IN ANY SALE DOCUMENTATION AS TO THE AUTHENTICITY, VALIDITY, AUTHORSHIP, PERIOD CULTURE, SOURCE, PROVENANCE, RARITY, CONDITION, IMPORTANCE OR HISTORICAL VALUE, ARE STATEMENTS OF OPINION AND ARE NOT REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES. NOT WARRANTY IS GIVEN AS TO ACCURACY OF RIFLES OR CLARITY OF OPTICS.
9. If we undertake packaging or handling of any lots on the purchaser’s behalf it is done so entirely at the purchasers risk. We are not liable for any acts or omissions of carriers or packers including those recommended by us. Such carriers or packers may carry there own insurance and any claims for loss or damage should be addressed directly to them.
10. These Conditions of Sale and the respective rights of the purchaser and Classic Arms, are governed by the laws of South Africa. By bidding at an auction in person, or by agent, order-bid or telephone or other means, the buyer or bidder agrees to be bound by these Conditions of Sale. Any dispute controversy or claim arising out of or relating to this Agreement, or the breach, termination or validity thereof, brought by or against Classic Arms (but not including claims brought against the consignor by the purchaser of the lots consigned hereunder) shall be resolved by the parties in 10.
These Conditions of Sale, shall bind the successors and assigns of all bidders and purchasers and inure to the benefit of successors and assigns. No waiver amendment or modification of the terms hereof (other than posted notices or oral announcements during the sale) shall bind us unless specifically stated in writing signed by us.
11. Absentee Bids. As a service to those bidders that are unable to attend the actual auction, we may at our sole discretion accept bids in advance of sale by telephone, or in writing on the bidding forms provided in the back of the sale catalogue.
Please note that we cannot accept “buy” bids and all bids must clearly state the maximum (excluding buyers premium and any applicable taxes) bid that the bidder is willing to pay. In the event that identical absentee bids are received then the first bid received shall take. We accept no responsibility for not executing an absentee bid for any reason whatsoever.
12. Estimate prices. As a service to our clients, we furnish presale estimates for all lots. These estimates are intended as a guide to current market value and represent no warranty to bidder or seller as to the actual price. Bidding normally begins at 50% of the estimate but the final price may be more or less than the estimate value.
13. Sale Increments. The following increments apply to all lots bid for. Please note that the auctioneer will increment the purchase price at these rates and not at any rate bid from the floor. By bidding, a prospective purchaser acknowledges these increments.
0 - 500 : R50-00 increments
501 - 1999 : R100-00 increments
2,000-4,999 : R250-00 increments
5,000-9,999 : R500-00 increments
10,000-19,999 : R 1000-00 increments
20,000 > R 2500-00 increments